Posted on April 15, 2012:
Gentle Shepherd Ministries GOD@WORK
A Ministry of InFaith
1. Three inmates came to know Jesus as Savior at the Blue Earth County Jail in Mankato through the ministry of our volunteer, Gus Gonnerman. Gus says that he always shares his personal testimony first and then shares the plan of salvation with the inmates. Please pray forMark, Adrian, and Bobby who made decisions to receive God's plan of salvation.
2. Volunteer, Gus Gonnerman, has also ministered to Jennifer in the Blue Earth County jail for the past year. Jennifer has received Jesus as Savior and is actively following and serving Jesus. New inmates are surprised at the joy that Jennifer has in her life after being in jail so long. Sheleads Bible Studies with the new inmates. If they have a question she cannot answer, she goes to Gus for the answer from the Bible. Please pray for her.
3. We took a bus load of seniors to the Twin Cities to see the Easter production "All Things New" yesterday. There was a cast of 300, live animals, airealists, and special effects as the life, death and resurrection of Christ was presented. Following the production a presentation of the gospel was given. To my knowledge no one in our group made a decision to receive Christ as Savior. Do pray for any in our group that do not yet know Christ as Savior that they would indeed receive Jesus.
4. Two residents of Lutz Wing (nursing home) in Fairmont received Christ as Savior! I gave the Bible lesson and then shared the plan of salvation with those present at the Bible Study. After sharing the plan of salvation, Lorry and Margaret raised their hands that they had just prayed a prayer to receive Jesus into their lives! Pray for them.
5. New volunteer, Cherrye Tagatz, will begin leading Bible Studies at Parker Oaks in Winnebago beginning in May. Cherrye recently retired from Parker Oaks having worked there for many years.
6. Volunteer, Marie Shaffer, will take over for me and lead the Holy Land trips at Oak Terrace in North Mankato. We had planned to show the Holy Land trip for 6 weeks, take a 2 month break, and then show them for another 6 weeks. The residents have enjoyed them so much that they didn't want a break!
7. Volunteer, Joanne Jaeger, is taking over for me and leading the Holy Land trips at Mapleton Community Home. Please pray for that ministry.
Thanks so much for praying for these requests!!!!
Jerry and Dorphia David